deliveries in Scotland and the North of England.
What we do
b-spokes works in partnership with some of the leading national and international delivery companies to support them with local ‘last mile’ deliveries. We have over 200 vans operating across Scotland and the North of England, and we manage several local depots across our network. We deliver over 20,000 parcels a day to our customer’s homes and continually strive to deliver the very best service day in day out.
A family business
b-spokes is an independent, family-run business with its headquarters in Edinburgh. The business was founded by the Allenza family in 2009. Nino Allenza is Chairman, and Joe Allenza is Managing Director.
Culture and ethos
We take pride in doing things the right way. Always going the extra mile for our customers and delivery partners. We have created a working environment for our team based on honesty, hard work and mutual respect. We reward and support those that share our values and take pride in delivering the best possible service.
Like many businesses, our environmental impact is at the forefront of our minds when planning our future development. Part of our long-term success will be to achieve our goals of reducing carbon emissions and avoiding environmental pollution as we work towards a sustainable zero-emissions position. Improvements in our fleet, advancement in technology, and improved efficiency across our business will help us achieve these goals.
b-spokes Ltd is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. Currently, all of our sites are powered by renewable energy. We have plans in place to introduce electric cargo bikes at all of our locations by the end of the year, taking us back to our roots. We started our journey as a bike business and the environment was one of the key drivers for us setting up in this way. As we continue to grow and expand our offering, we are determined to refocus our efforts and reduce our environmental impact, taking us back to where we start – zero emissions.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of the fleet and the source of its power requirement
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities